Hobart came up with yet another product that will surely wow both professionals and hobbyists. The Hobart 500559 Handler Wire Welder could just be the product that you are looking for as it is easy to use, highly durable, and portable. It is a much more improved versions of wire welders in the market as it is MIG Ready, and you no longer need any kit to make it work. It is very easy to use that even beginners will not have a hard time using it.
Hobart is a name that any top of the line welder would trust and turn to for use; they are a brand that has been around for years and years and are reliable, trustworthy and long lasting. The Hobart 500559 Handler Wire Welder is one of the best welders out there on the market right now and there is nothing against it. When it comes to welding equipment specifically this model is rated as the number one best seller online at Amazon.
Features of Hobart handler 140 mig welder
The Hobart 500559 Handler Wire Welder is a great-performing, easy-to-use handle wire welder that is very durable, you would think it is meant for industrial use! You will never need any other wire welder once you have purchased this equipment because it is guaranteed to serve all your MIG Welding needs.
There are a lot of unique features to this wire welder; these features are what make it so popular and so sought after in the first place. The features of this unit can also be deemed as benefits from this model because of all that it can do and how well and efficient it works when in use. Some of the features and or more interesting benefits of this Hobart wire welder are mentioned below.
The Hobart 500559 Handler Wire Welder can weld up to quarter of an inch mild steel, and operates off 115 volt residential current. It has a 25 to 140 output amperage and has a duty cycle of 20% at 90 amperes. This revolutionary products also comes with a 200-amp heavy duty work clamp which will help you ensure a firm hold on the material you are working at. For your ease of use, it also comes with a 5-position tapped voltage control settings so you can work on various thickness levels.
- This wire welder has the ability to weld steel that is all the way from 24 gauge to ¼ inch of what is deemed as mild steel.
- This model runs off of one hundred and fifteen volts, this is the same current as you will find in a standard household.
- It has the ability to use as low as twenty five amps of power at one time to as much as one hundred and forty amps of power at one time.
- The entire drive system is made of a cast aluminum that is industrial grade.
- It is both designed as well as put together within the United States of America in Troy, Ohio.
It also enables you to work smoothly as it comes with a dual-groove, quick change drive roll, as well as a heavy duty feed head that has a fast-release drive roll lever. You definitely will be in possession of a highly-durable equipment because the Hobart 500559 Handler Wire Welder as it has an Industrial cast aluminum wire drive system.
Easy-to-Set-Up: No need for additional kits or accessories outside of what is in the package that came with it. Even new welders and hobbyists will not have a hard time setting it up, much like a plug and play device!
Great Performance: The quality of work you could come up with this handler wire welder is superior that others may think it was a product of an industrial-quality wire welder!
Portable: Bring it anywhere, work on your shop, your garage, your home and you will not have to worry at all. At 65 lbs, you can bring it anywhere you have to work. This means you can take on as much jobs as you want to, or if you are a hobbyist, you can take on as many projects as you can.
Ultra-Versatile: You can work on a whole range of welding projects using this Hobart 500559 Handler Wire Welder. You can work on your car’s body, work on home improvement projects, repairs even on heavy farm equipment! It is definitely worth every money you spent for it.
The whole set comes with the following:
- Comfortable 10 ft. (3 m) H100S2-10 MIG welding gun.
- Built-in gas valve.
- Regulator and gas hose.
- Power cord with plug.
- 10 ft. (3 m) work cable with clamp.
- Sample spool of .030 in. (0.8 mm) self-shielded flux cored welding wire.
- 8 in (203 mm) wire spool adapter.
- Extra .030 in. (0.8 mm) contact tips.
- Weld set-up and parts information chart.
Benefits of Hobart handler 140 mig welder
When it comes to benefits, there are a lot that this welder has to offer just like it has a lot of features to offer. All of these benefits are positive aspects and make it a better welder to go with and rely on, these benefits are mentioned below.
- Control settings are tapped voltage and there are five different positions to choose from. This enables you to adjust the position according to the task.
- The clamp is extremely heavy duty with it being two hundred amps. This is one of the best factors of this heavy-duty yet compact machine.
- Drive roll is a quick-change one and it has a dual-groove. It eases the use of this machine as compared to the others.
- The feed-head is durable and it has a drive roll lever that has a quick release to it. A durable feed-head is one of the vital parts of a wire welder.
- Altogether it only weight fifty-seven pounds. This is a huge plus as the light weight of this machine make it easily portable and can be easily moved by an adult to his/her work place.
- It comes with a limited warranty from the manufacturer. Your machine will be maintenance-free under the warranty period.
- Great Arc Performance: You can never go wrong with this product because of the superior arc performance that is stable even on the slimmest type of materials.
- Heavy-Duty: Work all day, use it every day, bring it anywhere, use it anytime. Industrial strength at a package you can easily use and afford.
- Backed with a warranty: what feature can give you a peace of mind other than a one year industrial warranty?
- Versatility: This item can be used by a professional, a beginner or a hobbyist. It can be used in cars, in home repairs, in equipment repair, indoor and outdoor welding needs, and even in repairing heavy-duty garden and farm equipment. It is the perfect choice for you.
Pros of Hobart handler 140 mig welder
There are more pros with this model than there are cons; in all honesty, there really are no cons except for the fact that the price tag is a bit high, other than that, everything else is considered to be a pro.
- This model is extremely versatile and has high grade and industrial performance abilities.
- It is very easy to use as well as easy to set up and a lot of welders say that it is ideal for use with do it yourself welding projects.
- This welder is all you will ever need and another good thing about it is that there is no additional kit required in order to begin using it.
- When purchased all that is included in the box is the Handler 140 with a gas valve that is built-in and ten feet long.
- There is also the MIG gun with a liner, a gas hose and a dual gauge regulator.
- The work cable with the clamp is ten feet long as well and the power cord is also ten feet long.
There are plenty of extra contact tips included as well as a sample spool of flux-cored wire that is .030 grade. You will also find the guide to set it up, the owner’s manual and an eight-inch spool adapter.
Cons of Hobart handler 140 mig welder
Every good thing has a thing has its own downside. The same is the case with this machine too. Following are some of its cons:
• It is a bit costly.
(However, by paying some extra bucks if you are getting a top class welding machine, I personally feel that should not be a reason to worry. As this is a one-time investment).
• Secondly, the duty of this machine is 20%. This means if the machine works for 2 minutes time, it will need 8 minutes rest.
(Again, this should not be seen as a con. The 8-minute rest time can be utilized for grinding the welded joints and other stuff like rearranging the things etc).
All things considered, we definitely recommend for you to get your hands on the new Hobart 500559 Handler Wire Welder, because it gives you the greatest bang for your buck. It is durable, high-performing, and very versatile. You can definitely take on more interesting and challenging projects.
Overall, this is the best of the best when it comes to welders whether you are a beginner welder or an advanced welder. It is honestly perfect for anything and everything because it is even so easy to transport around to other places; this allows you to weld whenever you want to and or need to as well as wherever you want to and or need to. Thousands of customers who have bought this model loved everything about it. Choose a brand you can rely on and trust in, go with Hobart and use the Hobart Handler Wire Welder today for all of your welding needs, whether they are easy and simple ones or much harder and tougher ones. You won’t regret this sort of investment or decision making.