In today’s world, safety is of prime importance. Due to this reason alone, hazardous works have their own safety standards so as to avoid foreseeable mishaps. These issues have been kept in mind when developing the Forney Welding Helmet. The helmet comes with its own carry which not only makes it easier to carry but more importantly ensures that your purchase is protected from the day-to-day abuse. It also ensures safety from the inherent dangers of a workshop’s environment.
Features of the Forney welding helmet
There are a number of safety and quality features that makes this welding helmet popular amongst professional welders.
Large viewing area
It is equipped with a large viewing area and has the provision of four optical sensors that enhance the visual aspects of the helmet while working. This intensified viewing angle allows the user to get a wide visual of the entire procedure.
The helmet comes with a shade selector knob and sensitivity adjustments along with an internal grinding and welding switch. The sensitivity adjustment works perfectly in accordance with the surrounding and with its help you will be able to get a clear visual description of the entire scenario. With the help of 4 independent arc sensors, the entire ordeal seems to get better.
Fast Auto darkening and Power supply
The helmet produced by the Forney Industries comes with a self adjusting visual screen so that the person does not have to manually adjust the darkening of the screen. It comes along with a built in replaceable 3V lithium batteries ensuring a steady power supply, the batteries can last up to 400 hours before used up. The UV and IR protection features ensure that the person is well protected from the harmful ultraviolet and infrared rays that are emitted while the process of welding is underway.
The switching speed is an outstanding 1/30,000 which is vital since slower speed may leave bad afterimages to your eyes when you stop welding.
The grinding mode is a toggle switch with which you can quickly switch from grinding to welding. This nifty feature which will keep the tint light when you are grinding and save you the trouble of switching back and forth from your welding helmet to your grinding goggles.
Pros of Forney welding helmet
- Weight – The helmet is comparatively lightweight and only 1.8 pounds, unlike most of its relative counterparts which are nearly 2.5 pounds and above which makes it easily mobile with the person and moreover it seems to be having an appealing design that fits is with the concept of welding and makes the helmet never to age a bit.
- Head adjustments and comfort level – The head adjustment is very easy to make and the helmet fit in comfortably as well. The visor does not cause any difficulty whether lowered or not.
- Instantaneous Darkening effect – The auto darkening shade works instantaneously without any delay. The quick response time is owing to the fact that the delay in auto darkening is just around 0.2 seconds to 0.5 seconds. The DIN adjustment knob is present on the exterior left side of the helmet and the auto darkening knob is present on the right side which makes it easier to use. This is a very thoughtful feature put in place by the manufacturer, since most of us right are right handed, you need not to put down the welding torch in order to adjust the sensitivity of the DIN knob.
- Durability -The helmet is extremely durable which makes it a value for money product.
- Presence of 4 arc sensors – The helmet, equipped with 4 arc sensors which detects the UV and IR rays, in some inconvenient welding position, two arc sensors welding helmet maybe blocked from the ray and this may affect the auto darkening function of the helmet with all four sensors working at the same time, you don’t have to worry about this trouble, protects the cornea of your eyes from these harmful rays.
- Solar powered replaceable batteries – Solar powered batteries are the biggest asset and work for long periods of time ensuring an outstanding power supply ordeal. Make sure you leave your helmet near window to get most profit from this function.
- Warranty – The product comes with a 90 day replacement warranty against manufacturing defects from Amazon and has a 3 year warranty from the company.
Cons of Forney welding helmet
- The lens is not scratch resistant and because of that reason one may have to find new lenses for the product when it is subjected to welding in substantial level.
- These lenses once damaged are not easy to obtain, since they are wide angle lenses and are customized assets.
- The product is made in China and there is a convention of Chinese products to be a cause of headache. Due to this fact a little bit of extra effort needs to be ensured with the product.
- The window could have been a bit on the larger side accompanied with a wider range of manual brightness adjustment features.
This is the most important aspect and you will be glad to know that most of those who have already bought this product has given it a 5 star rating and the average rating goes nearly about 4.9 stars out of five. You can be rest assured that the Forney Welding Helmet is an amazing product not because I say so, but because previous welders who have bought these products have said so having used it in the field. In fact, there has been no mention of any plausible cons which further strengthens this item;s worthiness. It is definitely a worthy welding helmet at its given price point.