Antra AH6-660-6217 Solar Power Auto Darkening Welding Helmet manufactured by Antec Electronics is a decent pick for people involved in engineering works and is accessible in variety of shades. It darkens rapidly and the deferral time for changing from darkness to light is extremely concise. This helmet is likewise helpful for various utilizations including grinding. IR and UV radiations are unable to get entry into this helmet. Therefore, it secures the user from electricity failures. This new helmet is very light and, therefore, is very comfortable to make use of.
Features of Antra AH6-660-6217 welding helmet
The Grinding feature
This superb Helmet comprises grinding feature and can perform various other functions along with Plasma arc, Mig/TIG welding.
Variable Shade Range
One can change its lens shade according to the requirement from 5 – 13 for the jobs such as grinding, cutting process, welding and torching mod. Especially effective when you use low amperage while stick welding on thin metal
Accredited to its large viewing size and viewing area
Viewing size of this helmet is about 3.78” x 2.5”, it means it is quite large and comfortable enough to perform large numbers of jobs.
Equipped with four premium sensors
The sensors of this helmet are very responsive having a reaction time of only 0.00004 seconds, which enables this helmet to darken quickly and help a lot in awkward welding situations.
The helmet is made of high impact Polyimide Nylon, ensuring durability of the helmet.
This product is absolutely designed for jobs such as arc welding as well as cutting jobs like MIG, Plasma arc, TIG, SMAW and MAG.
During electric failure, this helmet automatically enables shield against IR and UV radiations.
The switch on and switch off function of this helmet does not need manual intervention because it is totally automated.
This helmet has a knob on its side for required adjustments of delay time and sensitivity control. This knob is also very easy to adjust while wearing gloves.
The weight of this helmet is only 435 grams, which adds high comfort to its user. While welding tasks require high concentration, the weight of this helmet won’t build up your fatigue and increase the performance. Some users have been working up to 10 hours while wearing this mask on still get a good result.
Even though, this product is among the bestseller products on Amazon accompanying many constructive features as mentioned above, the cost of this helmet is very good and best for beginners or home-welders.
Pros of Antra AH6-660-6217 auto darkening welding helmet
- The helmet is robust; making it reliable could withstand high impacts.
- It has got an SKU inside lens cover and an exterior lens cover.
- The Head Gear of the helmet can be assembled in a matter of one minute.
- It has grinding feature which makes the helmet a distinct one.
- The design of the helmet is compatible with magnifying lens and Cheater lens.
- For sensitivity and delay time, a step-less knob is provided to enable continuous adjustments.
- The shades available in this helmet could cover almost all welding and cutting processes.
- This helmet comes with a replacement for six clear lens and clear edited manual.
- Included sweatband for the headgear.
Cons of Antra AH6-660-6217 auto darkening welding helmet
- Some users have mentioned that the sensors are over-sensitive. This is not a problem as such and is easily solvable by adjusting to the lighting intensity around or you can call the manufacture for exchange the faulty part. If you purchase the newer version of this helmet this won’t be a problem anymore.
- Some customers say that the plastic nuts skip out on prolonged usage. As this is an easily replaceable item it does not cause a major concern. You can try to change to steel bolts and wingnuts for better control.
- The window of this helmet is rather small. In case you need a helmet with a bigger window, this seems to be a small concern.
- Grinding feature and can handle varieties of jobs including Plasma arc.
- Accredited to its large viewing size and viewing area.
- Equipped with four Premium sensors
- Its design is compatible with Magnifying and Cheater lenses
- Thin plastic make this helmet comfortable and a good choice for light duty work
- The sensors are over-sensitive
- Plastic nuts skip out on prolonged usage
- The window is rather small
Customers have also recorded the prompt after sales service of Antra. The general opinion of the customers is that it gives great value for the buyer’s money.
Antra Solar Power Auto Darkening Welding Helmet is most preferable by welders working with DC current that generates low amps.
Optional accessories with Antra AH6-66-6217 include Hobart 770150 MIC multi-function welding plier and US Forge Chipping Hammer.
Comparing with the previous version of Antra helmet made of carbon fiber, this is stronger with its Polyimide Nylon material. Further, bright settings are required to work with those helmets. These hardships are eliminated with the use of Antra AH6 helmet. However, to avoid wear and tear to its sensitive parts, protect it from abnormal heat.
The Antra Auto Darkening Welding Helmet is versatile, and grinding feature is attractive. Large viewing size and light weight are best combined. The powerful sensors save darkening time. The 5-9 welding scale of the helmet enhances performance. With all its positive attributes, this helmet bears a low price tag. If you are a hobbyist at a home garage for weekends or a guy who is working on DIY projects, this helmet comes with great features and affordable. Anyway, person who is a professional welder should invest more for a higher grade welding helmet than this one.